Happy Wednesday! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day yesterday. I’m not sure what the weather has been like where you live, but things have been so random here. Last week it was in the 70’s and on Monday we woke up to snow! I am totally ready to say goodbye to winter, especially after having a little glimpse of spring last week. Getting my wardrobe for spring is probably one of my favorite seasonal transitions. I am all about incorporating light layers and bright colors into my outfits! Today I’m sharing 5 wardrobe pieces that you definitely need to buy now and can wear throughout spring (and even into summer).
1. Perforated Ankle Boots/Booties – I bought my first pair of perforated boots last fall and it certainly won’t be my last. There are so many cute perforated options out right now. Ankle boots look so cute paired with jeans in the winter and with a flowy printed dress throughout the spring. The pair I’m wearing in the above photo are still available in a ton of colors, and are under $100!
2. Lightweight Jacket – I may or may not have a slight obsession with utility jackets. I have a few already, but would love to branch out and pick one up in a color other than green. A denim jacket is also another one of my go-to layering pieces when transitioning from season to season. I also love that the bomber jacket trend is going strong!
3. Turquoise Jewelry – You may have recently seen me wear this gorgeous turquoise seaglass necklace, or these turquoise Kendra Scott earrings in a few of my posts. Being from New Mexico, I feel like it would be a sin if I didn’t like turquoise jewelry! It is such a pretty color all year long, but something about it really screams spring to me! I love the bright pop of color it can add to any outfit.
4. Anything Floral – There is nothing that says spring more than florals. Yes, it may seem a bit cliche, but let’s be real – everyone is excited to break out their floral prints as soon as the temperature rises! I love a bold floral print on pretty much anything, especially lightweight tops and jackets like the ones I’ve linked below.
5. Light Denim – I love a good pair of light blue distressed boyfriend jeans, but for some reason can’t bring myself to wear them between November and February. I’ve seen plenty of girls rock them no matter what month it is, but I prefer to reserve my lighter denim for the warmer months. White jeans are also a great option.
What spring trends do you love the most?
[…] Lindsay from Middle of Somewhere wrote an article about five items to buy now to wear for spring and even into summer! This list is […]