When it comes to my summer wardrobe, there are certain pieces that never seem to change from year to year. I could live in maxi dresses and cute sandals. I love to accessorize any with a great pair of sunglasses and some statement jewelry. Today I am sharing my 8 summer wardrobe essentials that you need in your closet! I am also a fan of many of these pieces because they can easily transition to fall, and I’m all about versatility and getting a lot of wear out of my wardrobe! What are some of your summer wardrobe essentials?
8 Summer Wardrobe Essentials
1. A cold shoulder maxi dress – Cold shoulder anything is all the rage right now, and what better way to rock the trend than with a cute maxi? I definitely prefer maxi dresses to shorter dresses, and a cold shoulder helps keep you cool when the temperatures rise!
2. A pair of tortoise sunglasses – You guys know I basically live in my Karen Walker sunglasses all year long. Summer is the perfect time of year to wear a fun pair of statement glasses. Tortoise is always my go-to color because they can be worn with any outfit! Sometimes I feel limited with black sunglasses, so tortoise is right up my alley.
3. A comfortable pair of wedges – Anytime I want to dress up an otherwise casual outfit, a comfortable pair of wedges are always essential. I haven’t stopped wearing these oh-so-coveted Marc Fisher dupes since I bought them a few months ago. I love that wedges are so versatile and can be worn with jeans, shorts, or dresses.
4. A pair of overalls – If you don’t own overalls by now, what are you waiting for? If I can wear them, I think anyone can! Finding the perfect pair might be a little tricky, but is so worth it once you do. I am also loving the shorts version, and might need to pick up a pair of those next.
5. A simple knotted tee – The perfect layering piece that takes a basic t-shirt to another level. I pretty much wear this tee at least once a week, and just can’t get enough! You can never go wrong with stripes, and a little knot detail is the cutest finishing touch.
6. The perfect pair of white jeans – A good pair of white jeans are hard to find. When I finally found a pair that I loved, I knew I couldn’t pass them up. White jeans are causal enough to dress down during the day, and perfect to dress up at night.
7. Statement jewelry – I love a good statement piece, whether it’s a chunky necklace or a pair of tassel earrings. Bright colors like red, yellow, and turquoise just scream summer! You can shop my tassel earrings and turquoise bracelet set here (Jewelry c/o Elaine Turner).
8. An embroidered dress – A fun spin on your typical summer sundress. I do tend to gravitate toward solid dresses, however every once and awhile I love throwing on something more interesting. Summer time usually means weddings, showers, and parties, and an embroidered dress is a great option!
Shop the Post